Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hot and Humid

I'm here in Fort Lauderdale! I'm staying here at the crewhouse. There's a heated pool. Keyword: heated. What's with that? We're in Florida people!! It's 80 degrees at 7 o'clock at night!

The flight was not a bad one but not a great one either. It's mostly awkward just because of the 4 hour time difference. For me it's still 3 in the afternoon. I had a nice talk with an older couple from San Francisco on the flight from Houston to Ft. Lauderdale. She was a County emergency planner and he was a mechanic of some sort. They're going on a 7-day cruise all around Cuba without actually going to Cuba. They were nice and made the last flight a fast one.

Mary picked me up from the airport. I know that caravans get a bad rep but I actually like them. Very comfy. The girls that are staying here went to the mall today so I haven't met them yet. One's from Canada but I don't know where the other's from. I've met, I think five guys that are back here. Only one of them has an accent I'm used to, haha. One is from Hungary, another from South Africa, Europe... and The others I haven't asked. They all have accents but for the one because of course, I have no accent:) They also all smoke I've just realized. Each and every one of them. Hmmm.

The brother of one of the guys here already has a job on a yacht and they're looking for a stewardess. I'm going to email him my resume (calling them CVs now, apparently) which he will then pass on to the chief stewardess.

Richard, the guy Robyn (Agency connection in San Diego) talked to about showing me around is going to hopefully do just that tomorrow. He said he would call me a bit later. According to the guys here there's nothing I can do on the weekend. "Monday=Funday" Richard is at a crew party tonight so.. Anyways. I don't like the smell of smoke.

I have to be careful because I don't think you're going to want to read a super long post every time! I doubt they will be as long when I've become comfortable. I tend to slow down at that point. But I have to say a little more!

Camerin was asking me how I could possibly not be nervous. It's crazy because I'm forcing myself not to be. Every time I get a nervous feeling I do my best to knock it out of me because I need to be confident. People are drawn to confidence so that's the image I need to exude. It's really hard though because when I'm with a strange group of people I just want to hide because I don't want to.. well I'm just comfortable. But I'm working on it! Right now I'm sitting by the pool while the guys are all talking about going to some party. So, Wambam.. that should answer your question.


CAM! That song "Doo doo doo looking out my back door" is playing. Thinking of you!:)

Love you all. Update soon. Woof

Jacks

7 comments:

whatkatywrote said...

Sounds like fun! Good job staying positive--just don't lose yourself in faking confidence, ok?

I'm so excited for you; sounds like you could have a really good time ahead, if it works out (which I'm sure it will). Any place that plays CCR can't be too bad, right?

Miss you! Woof...

Anonymous said...

Off on your adventure! I'm sure you'll be hitting the high seas soon.
In the meantime you should probably prepare yourself for the rocking of the ocean by floating on something in that heated pool.
woof
jod

DanChay said...

Hey Jacks,

Nice post. Don't worry about writing too much. We like details!

Woof

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... if that was long, then I wrote a Harry Potter book!! Woof. I miss you!

Maya

Anonymous said...

Hi Jacks!!! you're are going to have so much fun, I just know it!!! :D Keep on writing! I luv you lots!
grins,
FREYA

Anonymous said...

i love jackie. thanks for mentioning me, haha real doll. anyways, sounds like its going good. call me sometime if you are up at 1 AM. ok? ok. love you

Anonymous said...

oops that last comment was ME.
love CAM