Sunday, July 20, 2008

Who woulda thunk it that Jackie could clean??

WOW.

I think I might actually enjoy stew work. It's a little intense with the timing when guests are on board but I like being put under pressure like that. Dawn and I have 10 days to get me where I can set, serve and clear the table while doing laundry, making beds in the morning and turning them down in the afternoon and evening. All the while I have to make sure that the guests glasses are always full and know how to make a cocktail. Keenan managed a bar for four years so I'll have a little help in that department.

The walls on the boat are covered in suede. They're really nice. I like it a lot better than plain wooden walls. I have to walk around with a duster looking thing and wipe it down towards the ground all the time because if you touch it you leave a mark. I'm also going to have leather and stainless to polish. Tomorrow's going to be a big day. Funny, that's what I said yesterday, too.

We're on our way up the coast now. We left Palm Beach yesterday morning with the hope of getting to Newport in four days. Now we're looking at the possibility of running into a storm that could potentially turn into a hurricane. Sounds like a load of fun, huh? That's where the boredom turns into straight fear!

Anyways, not much going on but cleaning beds and heads and all of that sort. I'm working on cleaning. Next step: Color coordination. Odds aren't looking good. :-)

Woof you guys. Love you.

Jacks

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm
Does that mean when you come home you'll be keeping everything here in shipshape? I think you may have to show me the proper way to set a table. I'll probably have to be shown SEVERAL times.
10 days isn't very long. That'll give you 1/2 a day per utensil!
I think it would be fun except for the laundry. I like the fancy table setting and serving stuff. Not that I've ever really been someplace with all that, but I've seen it in movies:)
woof

Roberta said...

Hey Jackie!

I love your blog! Im going to be moving to fort lauderdale in sept to be a yachtie as well! its nice knowing someone else has gone though all of this!! are you on myspace at all?...I would love to keep in touch with you!