Friday, July 11, 2008

I can't believe I missed Brooke!

I can't believe that finally, the one year I am not there at home for fishing, Brooke shows up! This is ridiculous! I wish I would've been there! If you still see him, tell him I say hello and that I am sorry I missed him. I'm glad that you had a good first day... slow, but good. I heard reports from all different angles today and it was great! Please keep it up because I really do wish I was there. Please Please Please.

I'm taking the job with Laz for sure on Stampede. I talked through some of the rough spots tonight with him and they're looking better. I'm on a 3 month trial and if all goes well and I want to stay, then I will but if not it will be the beginning of a new season and I'll be able to find another job. Anyhoodle. I miss you all so much! Dan and Jody, it was actually in the 90s today(after 5 pm!!) and Chris!! I remembered how to do the conversion from Celsius to Fahrenheit today! I thought I forgot and then I talked myself through it and figured it out! Aren't you proud of me? Good! Me too. Thanks for the pity pride. You know I appreciate it:-) Ok. Nighty night! Love,

Jacks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We missed you, too, Jacks. This is the first time I remember you and Katy being gone for a whole fish day. We had a good day...Not too many breaks, but enough to remember that it's not all just roses.
Katy comes home tomorrow night!!! At least 1/2 of our wayward children will be returning:)
Tomorrow is the Rotary 5k race in Soldotna. After running tonight there wasn't much enthusiasm, but guess who said she was going no matter if everyone went or not??? Your MOM! Can you believe that. She's become a running machine.
Rumors around town say we might fish tomorrow, but we don't believe the rumors this time. There aren't that many fish up the river.
Have fun polishing the silver. You'll be so good at it by the time you get home maybe you can make our "silverware" shine here, too.