Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Busy

We've had the owners on board for 5 days now and their guests for only 3 but goodness, it's tiring! I have to be up by 6:30 and then it's go go go. Mr. Guest is ALWAYS up at the same time as me and I have to get the coffee brewed before he has a chance to walk into the galley. When Dawn and I are frantic to set up for breakfast the last thing we want is to try and keep a polite forced conversation.

I love the owners. Mrs. Owner is sooo nice. She's an interior designer and has really cool huge fancy real shells and big candles for decorating. I know, bad english, but seriously, wonderful decorations. The day seems to go straight from breakfast to lunch to dinner. It's amazing how quickly the day goes by but at the end it feels like it has been so long. You know... kind of like fishing.

We're going to Martha's Vineyard tomorrow and the Nantucket after that. The guests leave... soon. Sooner than planned I think if the owners have anything to do with it. The crew is really great and I love the owners. Everything is wonderfully good. Of course, sometimes I have off moments but most of the time I am so thrilled to be doing this. This morning I woke up to set up the breakfast buffet and it was such a beautiful morning! It was Kevin's birthday so we had a great homemade pizza and cake.

I'm actually pretty good at my job. I've got a lot of room to improve for sure but every day is a bit better. I'm sorry but this blog is going to be a short one. I'm really tired and tomorrow's another early morning. Early for me anyhow. Not quite my normal routine as you know. Love ya tons and miss you!

2 comments:

Jod said...

This new schedule may really mess up your internal clock. Watch out, I hear getting up early gives you grey hair!

Heidi said...

I love the new design and pictures, Jackie. We're reading, so keep on writing! Woof,Heidi