Thursday, August 21, 2008

My coffee shop

I have been in Newport for some time now. We are going to be here still until the end of the month. My evenings have been spent here at a coffee shop called Empire a short walk away from the boat. I like it here a lot. I simply sit and read or spend some time on the internet searching for who-knows-what.

After the guests left the crew had a few days off. I spent the weekend walking all around Newport and into Middletown. The cliff walk was fantastic in my opinion only I wish there weren't so many other people. Over the weekend I walked 30 miles. Not bad, I think. Last weekend I went to Boston to meet with Mike and Anne and of course Isabella.

I was hoping to go camping and hiking this weekend but I have to get a small portable sleeping bag and we can't make a trip to REI until next week to pick up some jackets for the boat. Next weekend then will be when I do that. I have to find something else to fill this weekend but I just don't know. I've walked all around Newport and really don't feel like spending the money on a train ticket to Providence or Boston as it will be $70 round trip. I'd rather do something free and fun. I guess I might end up walking again just because I do enjoy it and like I said, the cliff walk was really nice.

I have so many things that I would like to do in between now and when I'm 30. There are so many plans to put into play! There's Colorado and the mountains, Arizona and the Grand Canyon rapids, backpacking through Europe, living for at least a year in a city with a friend, a long roadtrip with Mom and our dogs (when I have one!), living in the deep south for a while, paying off school loans so that I CAN do all of those things lifted above...

I think that those things will happen but maybe not all at once. I like to think they will anyways. My sleeping routine is all messed up. All of a sudden I am in bed in between 9 and 10 every night and up before 8. I know that is still sleeping in to Erik but for me that is pretty good.

I've been working outside since Monday. It has been great; so great that I don't want to go back inside. I have some thinking to do and some discussing with Laz. The weather has been very nice. Today sunny with no wind. Just great, I tell you.

I am very tired. I am not quite sure why but I cannot keep myself from yawning and my eyes are watering. Oh and look, it's only 10 till 10. Something is dreadfully wrong with me;-) I love you all so very much. Write again soon... Well, within the month that is. The internet is still out on the boat! Highly inconvenient! Woof you guys. Love you

Jacks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jackie - for whatever reason, i dont have your email address again - and when you gave me your new number i didnt save it right away. anyway, i found this blog :) and thought i could reach you through here. call or email me!!! :)
-alexis
i have fun pics to send