Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sacajawea

A new name for you to remember. Well, for now anyways. I'm not working on Revelation II anymore! I know, I'm sad, too. I wish that I was on that crew. I just got to the point where I was able to joke around back to them. I'm really bummed that's there's no position for me, but you know, that's life. Pete's a rat, though! Haha he was kind of upset that I was leaving to go work on another boat. His friend that was going to be going on the crossing as the official "7th Crew"---long story short--- may have turned himself blind by gouging his eye. Strangely enough, I think he's still considering doing the crossing with the crew. I kind of doubt he will. Pete told me yesterday---this is where the rat comes in--- that if his buddy doesn't go then he'll be able to pay me to do the crossing and then buy me a ticket home.

Ugh! My decision was so simple before he said that. I was moving to go and work on Sacajawea as a day worker and then maybe move into the permanent deckhand position for a season in the Bahamas. Even if I didn't have that job though, I knew that I wasn't financially stable enough to live in Antibes with only 1500 Euros if that! I wasn't planning on going as much as I hated that. Now I have so much more to consider.

*******************************

You'll have to forgive me, folks. If I talk to you on the phone you will probably hear what I've written in the blog. Perk of being able to type as fast as I think. I get it all out on here but then forget that I already told you cause it hasn't actually come out of my mouth. Not to mention that I don't hardly know who reads my blogs. I mean, I didn't mean for this note to be this long. I think I have a problem. Hmmm.. I hear the first step is admittance.

*******************************

I worked on Sacajawea today for the first time. I cleaned a tender all day. There's no feedback so I don't know how I did. There was another day worker there. I knew more.. Yes! I was happy because I was able to tell him which products to use and what are some of the absolute no-no's on the deck. I have a tendency to work a little slower than I'm supposed to, I think. I'm so focused on making it look brand spankin' new. I dunno though. I always forget to ask them how thorough they want me to be. I think I did a nice job on the tender. It has two outboard 250 HP Yamaha engines. Isn't that NUTS?! Like I know right? Haha... and if I get the job (Shhhhhhhhh) I get to drive it! (hehehehehe) Ooo the fun we'll have have!

I have not been offered the job yet, and I won't say that I'm expecting to be offered the job but it is a possibility. I will not accept the job, however until I meet the 1st mate. He hasn't arrived yet. If I'm going to be working with this guy for 4-6 months, I need to know that we can work together. I know this one 1st mate... if I were to work with him for an extended amount of time, I would go insane... the high school foot ball player that never grew up.. arrogant and cocky.. whiny.. drive me batty! Ooophta, nuh uh. So! We'll see. And besides, I haven't even been offered the job yet. By the by, cause I know someone will ask:-) if I get the job it'll be a season in the Bahamas. So yes... we'll see.

Alrighty folks. I'm off to bed now. Goodness I'm an early-to-bedder now! It's only 10:15! and I don't get picked up until 8. I will get at least 8 1/2 - 9 hours of sleep. And yet, I will still be so tired tomorrow. Well okey-dokey. I love you guys. I miss you. I wish I were going to be home this summer. Hearing that Cam, Beau, Ben, Jed and Rick were going to Bishop Creek to set up a volleyball really made me sad because this is the best time to be home. Here, in the summer it just gets miserably hot and uncomfortable. I dunno.. There's just something different about being in Alaska in the summer. It's so... homey. It's a comfortable feeling. Nothing can ever take that feeling away. I can't wait to experience it again. I miss home! (but I'm not near ready to jump on the next flight home.. nuh uhh no way) LOVE YOU I HAVE TO GO! The all-caps was for me, haha. GOOD NIGHT! Woof,

Jacks

2 comments:

Jod said...

The Sacajawea looks like a pretty boat. Wish they would show pictures of the crew quarters, too. Maybe you could take some pics for us.
woof
jod

Debbi Palm said...

What is the web site to see this yacht and info? I am unable to find it. I think we must be having the hottest day of the year today. It may be the last all season. You missed it. Hee Hee