Thursday, May 15, 2008

A New Home

I know what you're thinking: Jackie got a job! Not yet folks. I switched locations. I am now living at Neptune Crew House. They're $20 cheaper each week and in my opinion, already easier to deal with. I spent FIVE HOURS at the diving school today. We started at six and only just finished at eleven. It was bad news bear. It's not so bad though cause I'm really looking forward to our dives on Saturday and Sunday. Sat we're going to a lake and Sunday to the big 'ol blue.

There's not too much different going on besides the diving and the change of location. Still waiting on the owner of the boat to make up his full mind on Laz's boat and then I have to decide if I want to go do the crossing with Revelation II by Wednesday/maybe Tuesday. I just might do it. I feel differently about it each day depending on my mood I guess.

I really wish I hadn't come back to the house this late because I have no idea who is staying in my room with me.. no clue where the washer and dryer are, which I need desperately, or what the morning routine is like here. I think we only have one bathroom. As far as I can see it's a co-ed house. The guys live in one room and the girls in another. It's perfectly doable. I already miss one or two of the guys at Mary's.. no, I take that back.. just one.. The other fun ones left either for the Med or to California. So now there's just one super cool guy.

I'm not a huge fan of abrupt change I've realized. Just like I need a 3-minute warning before we're going to hang up the phone, I need/want time to adjust to the idea of something new happening. I just decided I was moving here today, had to rush home from work (walking took an hour : S ) and just threw all of my dirty clothes into my duffle and came here, had to immediately call a cab to take me to the class cause I only had 8 minutes to get there to be on time.. I got there right at 6. It was just too much happening all at once. I calmed down once I sat for a minute but now I want to go back to Mary's and say bye to people cause I had absolutely no time to do it! I'll go see them tomorrow I s'pose. Being that it's the weekend and I can breathe! Ooophta!

I wrote a blog the other day.. Tuesday I think, but when I previewed it and pressed back, it all went away. It was long and in great detail as to what job opportunities were looking like so when it deleted, there was no way I was writing it all again. Now I can't even remember what details I wrote.

I cleaned an oil tank today!! I got so dirty! It was AWEsome! I had oil smeared on my legs, my arms, my clothes, some under my chin and my nose!! It was so cool.

Anyways folks.. I will now have to venture into my room where I will climb into bed not knowing who I will see or what I will face in the morning. Good day to you all. I will update soon, I promise. Love you soooooo much. Woof,

Jacks

1 comment:

Jod said...

The crossing on the Revelation sounds exciting. Could you do that and still make it back to get the job with Laz? Are you taking a dive certification course?
Jod