Sunday, May 18, 2008

Open Water Diving

I am officially an Open Water Diver! Today I went to a wreck and then to a reef. I was 10 feet away from a Nerf Shark but didn't see it cause some other divers got too curious and too close and it swam deeper under the rock before I got there. It was so much fun. I had a little bit of trouble when I was at the surface. I freaked myself out just because everyone knows that I'm kind of afraid of the water and with the salt, the water hitting my face and the very slight current, I really had to work at keeping myself calm. I had to remember that I did have my mask on and my regulator in my mouth and that wonderful blue button that blows up my BCD. It was alright though:) My right ear had a little trouble equalizing on the way down for the first dive. I'm a really good breather (I use very little air) but on my first dive today I used so much more air than usual just cause I was in a mild way hyperventilating. I had to grab the descent line and just focus for a second to calm myself and then clear my ear and slowly work my way down. Once I got to the bottom and we did our two skills, we had the other 20 minutes just to search the bottom. Saw lots of pretty fish. There was one that would've been an excellent best-friend-Amber theme: brown, green and a two shades of blue.. gorgeous. My buddy and I saw a couple of blow fish which are really super camouflaged so that was neat too. Now I have to go through my clothes to get rid of some so that I can fit my fins, booties, and mask in my bag without it squishing too much. Sorry for no paragraphs. I'm not thinking about it at all. I'm just typing what I think, as I think. I'm watching the Country Music Awards. Nobody listens to country here but one of my roommates does so with two of us wanting to watch it, haha, we cleared the living room! Haha, I don't know why people don't like country! Ridiculous! It's only the best! Well folks, I have to work in the morning so I will chat later. Love you all! Woof,

Jacks

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Jacks
We're back in the swing here. Miss you, but sounds like you are doing well and having fun. Woof