Sunday, September 21, 2008

Life is Good

Hello! My goodness, I cannot believe that it has nearly been a month since I have written last. My apologies. I'm back in Alaska now. Unfortunately the boat I was working on was not the boat for me. It is sad but it's for the better that I left. So here I am in Alaska wondering what I am going to do next. I've got a "Plan A" but am still working on a "Plan B".

Plan A: Work as a dispatcher with the Kenai Police Department with an excellent pay-check either living at home or perhaps in town depending on rent.
Pros: Excellent Pay, get out from under debt in roughly 2 years, fun and exciting job, I have the appropriate certifications and am a not-so-bad typist
Cons: Fun and exciting can turn into stressful and depresssing (hopefully not), 3-month trial period that I don't have to get through just on my opinion but on their's as well so let's hope it's not toooo stressful, REALLY HIGH turn-over rate...

I have an interview on the 29th so we'll see how it all goes! As for Plan B, Arizona and dude ranch? AZ and waitress? OR and waitress? WA and waitress? I don't know but it has to be more than $10/hr to be able to make substantial payments on my loan while still buying food to eat and the roof over my head. I have a sleeping bag so all I need is a floor and a pillow. So, yeah, Plan B is in the makings...

Haha the way I see it I will go wherever the wind takes me... as long as I can take care of my obligations. It would be nice, though if I just knew what I wanted to do. Well that's not entirely true. I want to travel. That, I know for a fact. There is so much that I want to do before I'm 30 but I can't start yet. Not yet.. Well I guess technically I already started but that only skimmed the surface. There is so much to see! Haha, ohhh woe is me. I sure make it sound like life is pretty rough, don't I? Not so much. Life is good.

Since I've been home I have ridden the horses daily. I have to find a break in the rain and a few times I was caught in it but I have been having a lot of fun. I got through half of the coral the other day cleaning up Snort and Bint's little dumplings (NOT FOR EATING) but still have some more to do. I'm always so hesitant riding Snort. Yes, I have a pretty good understanding of riding now and catching and what might be going on in their heads but where I'm lost is in their limits. Snort is what? 25 now? I know she's old but how old? I know she has to slow down, but by how much? I know she shouldn't ride as far but how far is far? I know she has poor hooves but how poor are they and how much should I baby them? I just don't know these things! All I know is that Snort is more responsive to me now than she ever has been. I don't mind riding Bint but every ride is a training session which can get a little old. She's not bad, though. Bint is definitley better when Snort is along but not bad; better than she was.

I have a lot to learn about my horses. I really hate how old Snort is. She is such a good horse and I am enjoying her so much but... I don't know.. I just don't know her limitations and I really wish she was 5 and had only one or two versus however many she has now ( I have no clue!) I just don't want to hurt the poor girl.

Anyways, I am off. I will write again once I find out if I get this job or not. In the meantime, if any of you know of any great jobs in your area, feel free to let me know! I would really appreciate it!

chays:

I wish you were here or I was there or we were somewhere else but that I could just see you! I was trying to catch up on your blogs tonight but I didn't make it through to the most recent. That's what I get for taking so long to check up on them!

Thank you so much for getting me in touch with Debbie and Dan in Providence! They were so wonderful!

Freya! You mentioned the orange juice. I can't believe I forgot to mention that in MY blog! Ohhhhh I LOVED THE ORANGE JUICE!!! I went to this Juice Bar and the bartender kept trying to get me to put vodka in my juice and I thought...and said, actually, "why would I ruin this with vodka?? Yuk!!!" Ohhhh it was so good. It's filling, though! Which was frustrating because I wanted to drink it allllll day. Oooo it was delicious. I have a juicer and I just might go and buy some oranges tomorrow to do my own squeezing! I know it won't be the same as what you're having now, but mmmmmm, it'll be close!

Love you all so much and miss all of you that I do not have the pleasure of seeing often.

Woof,

Jacks

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the new plans. You never know what will come along. Just keep looking.
woof
jod